What Is Intermittent Fasting?
Simply Intermittent Fasting or 16/8 is a cycle of fasting and “feasting” that can be attached to your lifestyle. Many use Intermittent Fasting as a way to lose weight, and some of them use it as bothe weight lose and for the health benefits.
How Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
The method of Intermittent Fasting is to reduce calorie intake and insulin. Therefore the body has to enable the option of convert stored fat into energy. Intermittent Fasting is a lifestyle. It is something you will be able to maintain long-term. Intermittent Fasting is not just a typical diet it will change your lifestyle more than you think. But it always change your life with positive effects. Your body will become habitual to it, and it will become easier and normal. Once you have researched and decided that it is something you can do, pick a fasting and eating window that works best for you and take the plunge.
Pick your window times and stop eating and drinking anything but water, black coffee, or black and green and teas. That’s the beauty of it… it is that simple to get started! The most effective window time is 16/8 method.
What is 16/8 diet?
It is simple, your fasting window will be minimum 16 hours and your eating window will be 8 hours. which means you are not allowed to eat for 16 hours and you are allowed to eat within 8 hours. You are allowed to eat 2 meals within your eating window. It means you can eat 2 times within 8 hours.
How to lose weight?
However, follow bellow guidelines along with the diet,
- First of all, calculate your daily calorie intake and cut 500 calories from it.
- Ex: Just assume normaly your daily calorie limit is 2000.
- All you have to do is cut 500 calories from your daily calorie limit.
- 2000 calorie – 500calories = 1500 calories.
- Now your new calorie intake per day is 1500 calories.
- you are allowed to eat 1500 calories per day within your eating window(within 8 hours).
- Keep your carbohydrate intake less than 130 grams per day.
- Drink water at least 2 litres per day.
- Avoid sugar. If you are unable to avoid sugar use an artificial sweetener instead of sugar.
- Do workouts for 20 minutes per day at least twice a week for best results.
- You can drink coffee, tea, green tea, and water in your fasting window(16h). Drink Coffee, tea and green tea without sugar.
Is it okay to extend fasting hours?
Yeah if you are able to do it, it is perfectly okay. This also calling autophagy or water fasting. meanwhile the fasting time you can only drink water, coffee, tea, green and tea. Drink Coffee, tea and green tea without sugar.
Advantages of Intermittent fasting.
There are a lot of health benefits in this fasting,
- Cellular repair.
- Heal the body from the inside out.
- Lessen chances of diseases like diabetes, cancer, cardiomyopathy, and more.
- Extended fasting can also be a way to jumpstart metabolism and could help somebody over a weight loss plateau.
*A person choosing to do an extended fast needs to remain hydrated and listen to their body. It is okay to stop before your goal if your body is telling you to do so.
See now? It is simple everything is your mind. Just do Intermittent fasting for two weeks and you will see a huge difference in your body. Maybe your scale won’t show you results as you expected. But your jeans will show you results more than you expected.